PN1 commercial grade aramid fiber honeycomb is manufactured from DuPont Nomex® paper (or equivalent) and coated with a heat resistant phenolic resin.
• High strength to weight ratio
• Corrosion resistant
• Excellent dielectric properties
• Thermally insulating
• High toughness
• Excellent creep and fatigue performance
• Good thermal stability
• Densities as low as 2.0 lb/ft3 (32 kg/m3)
• Over expanded cell configuration suitable for forming simple curves
• Compatible with most adhesives used in sandwich composites
PN1 aramid fiber honeycomb uses include boat hulls, auto racing bodies, train car panels, ship panels, ground transportation structures, military shelters, ground antennas and special purpose panels.
PN1 aramid fiber honeycomb is available in sheets, blocks or cut to size pieces in both regular hexagonal and over expanded (OV) cell configurations.
2.0 pcf - 6.0 pcf
Sheet "Ribbon" (L):
Sheet "Transverse" (W):
Length: +3", -0" (36" for OV)
Width: +6", -0"
Thickness: ±.006" (under 2" thick)
Cell Size: ±15%
NOTE: Special dimensions, sizes and tolerances can be provided upon request.